.

Monday, November 4, 2019

Personal Knowledge and experience Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Personal Knowledge and experience - Essay Example This subject is associated with a very important memory of my life where my personal knowledge and experience assisted in saving the life of my young cousin. Ever since I was a young child, my mother used to guide me to learn from the things that happened in my life and I was guided that experience teaches an individual a lot. It provides a way for a person to avoid repeating the mistakes that others may have committed. When I was a young child, I used to go to my friend’s house on weekends. We used to study together in school and he was one of my very good friends. His father was a doctor and I really admired him and his personality. He was very caring and I felt that he was very sensible. One weekend when I went to his place, an untoward incident happened. His younger brother consumed some toxic substance from a bottle that was kept in the kitchen cabinet. He was a young child and had not realized that was he was consuming could have been toxic for him. His condition deterio rated and he started vomiting as well as losing consciousness. His mother started screaming for help. His father went down and realized the situation. He saw his son and the bottle that was lying nearby. He immediately moved towards the toaster and toasted a bread slice until it was almost burnt. He brought it to his son whose condition kept on worsening and made him eat the burnt slice of bread. He then took him to the hospital. At that particular instance I had not realized the purpose of what my friend’s father had done but I remembered this incident. The next time I went to his house, I questioned him about the purpose of the burnt toast and he explained to me that it was actually activated charcoal which was the most appropriate antidote which had to be given at that time. I researched into the subject and it was a very interesting finding that I discovered. Activated charcoal is basically a universal antidote that can be given in cases of emergency at home as it is an a nti-poisonous substance which can act against most poisons. I found out that it could avoid serious damage that could result from hazardous substances until the victim could be transferred to a hospital. I believed that it was a magical trick for saving someone in danger. I had always believed that I would never have to apply this technique in my life as I was not planning to become a doctor. But I still considered this antidote to be very interesting. My thoughts were proven wrong and after years of that incident a similar accident happened at my house. My relatives came to stay at our house and their young child was wandering in the kitchen. After a while, there were many screams and we all assembled in the kitchen. I realized what had happened when I saw his condition. At the same time, I also noticed the opened bottle that was lying there. My thoughts went back and I repeated the same technique that my friend’s father had done so. It proved to be very effective. This occu rrence provided a very strong explanation of the importance of personal knowledge and experience in an individual’s life. A person can learn from his experiences. It can truly be believed that a person learns from his practical experiences more than from what he reads. There are many meaningful events in the life of every individual which carry important messages. A person should grasp from

No comments:

Post a Comment