.

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Poetry Slam Essay Example for Free

Poetry Slam EssayOn my visit to Bar13 I was instructed to watch a poetry slam. I have never experience such a vivid art of do poetry. The only way I had experienced poetry before was by reading it from books. This has change the way I see poetry now. The poetry slam is a precise competitive eventidet in which the poets perform their course. The poets are judged by people of the audience. The host, who was pregnant, selected the judges who were instructed to give a numerical draw (the score being 0 10). The score was based on the poets content and performance. I was a little hesitating when the host asked me to be a judge. Since this was the first time, I was scared that I wasnt going to be a fair judge. The host explained to me the basic rules for the contest and how the poets are selected. The first rule one is that from each one poem must be the poets own work. The assist is that each poet gets only three proceeding to read or say the poem.The third is that they cant use any musical prick or costumes and the fourth and last one is that from the score the poets receive the high and low scores are dropped and the middle three are added together giving them a total score of 0 30. forward the contest started the microphone was open to other poets. In my opinion there were a couple of poets who were good. after(prenominal) the opening performance was done, the host presented a poet who has competed before. Her name was Gypsee. She performed for about 45 minutes, the content of her work was very good and her performance was excellent.I think she has practice a lot. I remember clearly 2 of her poems. One talked about crossing the Canadian bridge into the United States as an immigrant (she was born in Albania). The second one was about her childhood and soldiers with shotguns. During the slam there was different kind of poetry.It was very interesting to pick up to a diverse range of work within the slam. It included love poetry, social issues, per sonal problems and even some were kind of comic. What I really akin was the range of poets presented they are free to do work in any style on any subject. I will recommend it to my friends and I would like to go back, it was a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment